If you are thinking, "I need to sell my house for cash," but don't think there is a buyer for it, you are not alone. While the current housing market is fast-paced and gives the full advantage to sellers, not everyone has a perfect house that is ready for the market. If you own a home that needs extensive repairs, inherited a house of unknown condition, or even bought a house to flip that you cannot finish, there is a solution.
While the average buyer is not interested in a 'fixer-upper' or a project house, there are plenty of investors that will buy your home 'as-is' for cash, which has significant advantages.
1. No showings: The worst part about listing your home for sale is prepping for showings. You have to clean and make your house look 'model perfect', which is incredibly time-consuming. Plus, you also have to leave the home for scheduled showings, which can be inconvenient and downright exhausting. When you sell your home to an investor, they only need to see it once and can schedule the appointment at your convenience.
2. No commission: Real estate agents typically charge five to six percent commission to sell your home. When you sell your home to an all-cash investor, however, you don't pay commission to anyone, which can save you a great deal of money.
3. No closing costs: If you are thinking, "I can save money by getting cash for my home," it gets better. Closing costs, which are typically paid for by the seller, are instead paid for by the cash buyer, saving you even more money.
4. No contingencies: Contingencies are like a 'get-out-of-jail-free' card for buyers. Buyers can have an inspection contingency, an appraisal contingency, a funding contingency, and even a contingency that their own home sells in a timely manner. If any item does not meet the requirements laid out in the contingency, they can walk away from the transaction, forcing you to start over. When you sell to a cash investor, however, there are no contingencies.
5. No waiting: Waiting is often one of the harder aspects of selling your home. Not only do you not have to wait on contingencies, but you also do not have to wait long to close. Cash buyers can typically close in a week, sometimes less. This means you can walk away from the home with cash in your hand quickly.
Selling a home 'as-is' only sounds daunting. Selling your home to a cash investor can solve a lot of problems. Contact a company like Philly Standard to get started.